Future Capital is on the hunt for a Senior Product Designer to help optimize our investor experience. We’re looking for an experienced, self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced startup environment where change is a constant. You’ll work together with a small, scrapy team of software engineers, fellow product people, and financial operations professionals to grow our footprint and make our clients happy.
Full Job Description
Professional wealth management services have historically only been accessible to well… the wealthy. Good luck trying to hire a traditional financial advisor without $250,000 or more of investable assets. We’ve been working hard to drive change in this industry.
At Future Capital, we believe that every person, regardless of position or account balance, should have access to prudent and professional money management. We’re leveraging modern technology to build products to help improve the lives of thousands of investors by making it easier for them to plan and save for retirement.
This is where you come in…we’re on hunt for a Senior Product Designer to help optimize our investor experience. We’re looking for an experienced, self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced startup environment where change is a constant. You’ll work together with a small, scrapy team of software engineers, fellow product people, and financial operations professionals to grow our footprint and make our clients happy.
As a senior member of our product team, you’ll be responsible for everything from client interviews, to rapid prototyping, to polishing user interfaces. You’ll look complex financial and business problems in the eye and propose several solutions. We’ll also look to you to help foster a culture of design and mentor other designers we bring on board in the future.
This is a full-time role and will report to the VP of Product at our headquarters in downtown Chattanooga, TN.
• Lead the user experience for both our direct-to-consumer and business-to-business products.
• Work tirelessly to be the voice of our customers
• Design solutions that meet our customer and business needs
• Collaborate cross-functionally with engineering and product to craft thorough responsive web experiences that are a joy to use.
• Work in different stages of the product development lifecycle, whether that be documents, mockups, prototypes, or presentations.
• Orient solutions around clear goals, audiences, timeframes, and realistic technical capabilities while always pushing to deliver the best possible experience
• Define a system of design concepts and patterns that will allow PMs and engineers to focus on product-level problems
• We value results over years of experience. You’ve shipped many consumer and/or B2B products over the years, and understand what it takes to create experiences that delight the end user.
• You have a good understanding of how your designs will be implemented, and can collaborate with PMs and engineers in getting them shipped.
• You can clearly articulate the impact of the products you’ve shipped
• Strong communication skills that make your process and proposals understandable and actionable to a diverse set of cross-functional audiences
• Ability to both prototype and design polished mockups in Figma (and other modern design tools)
• A strong working knowledge of web capabilities
• A comprehensive understanding of modern interface design patterns
• A passion for improving the world through well-designed products
• Growth mindset
Nice to have
• Experience working with quantitative data and qualitative feedback as inputs to your designs
• You think in systems and frameworks and can see how all the parts fit together
• Eligible for health, dental, and vision plans available on day one of employment
• Group life insurance and disability insurance provided at no cost
• Access to a 401(k) after one year of employment.
• Free investment management for your (and/or your partner’s) 401(k)
• Free investment management for your (and/or your partner’s) Individual Retirement Account (IRA) with Future Capital.
• Holiday pay
• Vacation and paid time off
• Parking reimbursement